Mobilizing Youths, MARPS and PLWAS for HIV Services (MOYOMARPS)
In July 2009, HOPE worldwide Kenya (HWWK) obtained a two- year funding from Global Fund through CARE-Kenya to implement the MOYOMARPS program. The overall goal is to increase HIV prevention among the Most At Risk populations. The program is being implemented along the Mombasa– Nairobi –Eldoret Transport corridor in 5 centre hubs namely; Mombasa, Makindu, Nairobi, Nakuru and Eldoret
The program is being implemented under two Strategic Objectives:
- To Increase Access to HIV counseling and Testing services.
- To Increase the uptake of HIV prevention and Services.
MOYOMARPS program seeks to increase HIV prevention among youths and MARPS through four Service Delivery Areas (SDAs). These SDA's are:-
- HIV Counseling and Testing. This mainly targets to increase HIV Counseling and Testing uptake among the MARPS and Youths.
- PLWAS (People Living with HIV/AIDS) sensitization meetings. PLWAS and their Family members are brought together to discuss/address ART adherence issues and the importance of family support in ART adherence.
- MARPS Outreaches. These are sensitization workshops targeting Most At Risk Populations (MARPS) to increase CT uptake and Behavior Change among the group.
- Peer Education Trainings. MARPS and youths are trained on Peer Education so as to reach their peers with life skills and HIV related Behavior Change messages.
- Youth Outreaches. These are sensitization events targeting youths between 15-35 years with HIV prevention messages with an aim of increasing HIV Counseling and Testing among the youths.